Wednesday, July 18, 2007

writing on running water


the stranger's charles mudede has this wonderful take on blogging in slog:

In his final interview, given to the French newspaper Le Monde in the spring of 2004, Jacques Derrida spoke of death and writing: “I leave a piece of paper behind, I go away, I die: It is impossible to escape this structure, it is the unchanging form of my life.” He worried that everything he wrote would simply disappear after he was gone.

If only Derrida had experienced the brief life of a blog post.
I blog, I go away, I die: It is impossible to escape this structure in our post-newspaper, post-book age.
True, there’s more death in a blog than in a book, but it still has its beauty: Blogging is like writing on running water.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> Blogging is like writing on running water

depends on the blog.

too often it's like shitting on the river bank....sure, it'll go away eventually, but in the mean time it smells up the joint.

SB

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats