Thursday, January 25, 2007

"What cannot be said will get wept"


Kommerade of thee Kollecktive Nope sends this New York Times link regarding our close personal friend and drinking pal Jim Harrison. It's certainly a reverential profile, tho it had us bleating with envy.
Money Quote:
Most days, Mr. Harrison winds down from writing by hunting with Zilpha, his Scottish Lab. One of their favorite spots is a ranch owned by the San Rafael Cattle Company — a place that is, as Mr. Harrison says, “preposterously beautiful,” almost savannah-like, with knobby hills, rolling ridges and stately emory oaks. Off in the not-so-far distance are the Huachuca Mountains, sometimes dusted with snow. “This place is so visually overwhelming that you forget you’re hunting,” Mr. Harrison said. “I’m spoiled. I have to hunt where it’s lovely, which means that I am no longer a serious American sportsman of the blast-and-cast school.”

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damnit. You scooped us. And on a Harrison interview.

A Harrison.

All hail AHW. Someday, I will hunt you down like the scurvy dog you are, but instead of a bullet, you're getting a beer...

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know a guy like that. He's a writer but has never written a book. Someday.
Anonymous

11:35 AM  
Blogger Teh Wind Knot said...

There is a guy I would like to share a bottle with. I'd hide the good stuff though.

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read it today..he grows ever more wild.


Delp

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

Send me an email....I need to send you one in return.



delp

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats